What is Brow Lamination? And Should You Consider It?
Most of you’ve probably heard about lash lifts, right? Think of eyebrow lamination like a lash lift but for your eyebrows.
Imagine statement-making bold, defined, thicker and fuller eyebrows that give a brushed-up look. While the 90s’ classic pencil-thin eyebrows may continue to dominate the brow trend even today, there’s no denying that thick and full eyebrows are making a huge comeback.
Is eyebrow lamination right for you? Let’s find out.
What Is Eyebrow Lamination?
Eyebrow lamination is an innovative brow-shaping cosmetic procedure that lifts brows and gives them a new upward position. They are set in place with the help of a firming or setting solution, which ultimately gives the brows the characteristic brushed-up appearance.
Here’s how it’s done:
- Before the lamination process begins, it is important to have a clean slate to work with. So, the first thing the brow artist does is they clean your brows properly and gently with a cleaning solution. This helps get rid of makeup and bacteria from your brows.
- A lifting solution is then applied to the brows to ‘lift’ them for about five minutes or so. The brow artist may use a plastic wrap to cover the eyebrows to fasten the process.
- After the specified waiting period, they will remove the wrap and the product, and brush the brows upwards with the help of a brush or spoolie.
- They will apply a fixing solution to the brows to maintain the new position of the brow hairs.
- If there are any stray hairs that need to be removed, the esthetician will do so with the help of wax or tweezers.
- There can be redness or irritation in this process which is why they will then apply a moisturising conditioning solution to your brows.
Should You Consider Eyebrow Lamination?
From the looks of it, eyebrow lamination doesn’t really have any serious risks or side effects to it. It’s a safe procedure and can completely change your brow game if you struggle with gaps in your brows or short eyebrows.
- It leads to more defined eyebrows featuring a thicker and fuller look.
- It’s safe for most skin types and is a quick, painless procedure.
- It offers next-level convenience, especially for those who spend hours shaping or filling their eyebrows.
- With proper aftercare, eyebrow lamination can last up to about two months.
- It’s cheaper than other eyebrow cosmetic treatments and procedures, such as microblading.
- It offers a time-saving solution with easy maintenance.
Eyebrow Lamination – Is It For You?
Is eyebrow lamination for you?
If you are drawn to the idea of getting your eyebrows laminated, it is essential that you get expert opinion from a qualified esthetician first. They will be able to guide you better as to whether eyebrow lamination is a good idea based on the condition of your brows and if they’ll be able to hold the ‘brushed up’ appearance.
All in all, eyebrow lamination is indeed a game-changer for those with eyebrow issues who are looking for a temporary fix for their unruly eyebrows!