Suzie’s Current Favorite Products
As much as I love fashion and getting dressed up, staying safely at home for me means comfort clothes. Leggings and oversized tops have been my go to as are clothes I can wear with sneakers to get outside for some fresh air and a walk. For me personally I feel better when I am dressed more casually when I put the extra effort into my hair and makeup. It just makes me feel a little more pulled together even if it’s just as I am glancing in the mirror while washing my hands in the bathroom for the 1,000 time that day! Also, if I do need to get on a client face time call or join a zoom meeting, I can quickly change my top into something more professional but I like knowing my hair and makeup are already done.
Self care is so important during this time of uncertainty so I wanted to share with you my favorite products from the Currie salons that help me feel my best in between appointments. I can’t wait to get back to see this fabulous team of people who help me literally from head to toe but in the meantime maybe some of these items will help you too. All our available via their online store and you can click each item to go directly to the website. The best part about these products is because they are so high in quality a little goes a long way, so cost per use ends up being so very worth it. All of these products and more can be found on https://curriedayspa.com/shop/.
1. This wonder spray is full of ingredients that we normally think of for our skin but are just as important for our hair. My stylist Jeremy Matthews has used this before blowdrying and styling my hair and I love it because it’s lightweight for my fine hair and protective of blowdrying and using hot tools.
2. Before our shut-in I had the most fantastic full body scrub and sunless tanner application at the Currie Glen Mills location. Although I would have preferred to be glowing and bronzed on the beach in Hawaii, I still felt so much better even stuck at home with my skin being polished, smooth and sun kissed. One of the things I learned from my appointment with Amanda Gallego was using a mitt for an even application of the tanning lotion. I loved the color shade I got from the St. Tropez line, there was nothing orange about it at all and it felt subtle enough for my complexion. Eventually we will be allowed back onto the beaches and the weather will be warm and you will be thankful if you have a head start on your summer tan!
3. I love multi-tasking products and this is a go-to for me. It goes on smoothly while brightening my skin and has sunscreen with just the right amount of color that I can skip anything else if I want to. You can use this full strength or mix it in with a moisturizer for a lighter application.
4. Lip glosses are tricky for me as I don’t want them too sticky and I’m picky about the smell, the taste (no I’m not eating it but sometimes you can accidentally taste it! Lol!), and the texture. This one is perfect. My favorite color was one that was recommended to me by Jaclyn Roesing from Currie’s Glen Mills location when she did my makeup a couple years ago before a wedding – it’s called Pink Lady and I was surprised as I usually I can’t find a pink I like but this one has become a favorite of mine, especially when I do a smoky eye or lots of mascara. I live
5. I was lucky enough to get in to see Jeremy to get my roots and some highlights done just days before everyone had to shut down. I’m praying my roots hold up but this will be my secret weapon to fight any grays that pop up!
Those are my top 5 favorites but don’t forget you can also buy a gift certificate for services for someone else or for yourself as something to look forward to when we can all get back to normal. Hope this helps everyone keep somewhat maintained at home. I am definitely more than ever grateful for the Currie team as I realize how lost I am without my appointments! Stay safe and healthy, Suzie
Need help with outfits while you are stuck at home?
I’m offering one hour virtual appointments via FaceTime, Zoom or Skype to help you look your best or clean out those closets for a discounted price of $80 (Normally $100). Email me at email@example.com for an appointment!