Skin Care at home- Part 2
A facial is the quickest way of cleansing, reviving, and brightening faded skin, leaving the skin light, soft and glowing. A facial also does a thorough job of relaxing frazzled nerves so that you emerge not only looking younger but also feeling fresher and more relaxed! A facial once or twice each month will ensure rejuvenated and fresh skin for a long time to come!
In between your professional facials, you can give yourself the “facial treatment at home” using the products recommended by your esthetician:
- Tie your hair away from your face and neck, using a headband to pull any remaining hair away from your forehead.
- Begin by removing your makeup either using makeup remover wipes, coconut oil or another method to remove all residue from the face. Cleanse your face and neck with a good cleanser and thoroughly remove.
- The next step is a gentle exfoliation to remove dead skin cells, dirt, and bacteria allowing the skin to best absorb the other products.
- Prepare a face mask suited to your skin type. On a thoroughly cleansed and exfoliated face, spread a fairly thick layer avoiding the mouth area and creating large circles around the eyes. Then, lie on your back and keep the mask on for 15 to 20 minutes or until dry. There are many options for creating an amazing mask at home but the one we love the most is a simple concoction of organic coconut oil, honey and fresh avocado.
- When the mask is dry, wash your face and neck with lukewarm water, keeping your eyes closed. Dry your skin and apply your favorite toner that is best for your skin type.
- Lastly, now that the skin is thoroughly cleansed, exfoliated, and the pores are open, it is time to apply skin serum and/or moisturizer to the face. Spend some time massaging it in using upward, circular motions.
By following these simple steps, you can easily do facial at home!