Self Care Routine You Need To Follow in 2022
Self-care is an essential part of your life that can help you get the best out of life. But, most people don’t know how to go about doing it.
Having a self-care routine isn’t hard, as long as you start small and slowly add in new things every few weeks or months. Even if you have a busy schedule, there are plenty of ways to fit self-care into your day-to-day life.
In this article, we discuss some ways to achieve a balanced lifestyle and what steps to take in building a self-care routine to follow in 2022.
What is Self Care?
Self care is a very important thing to have. It is not just about your physical health, but also your mental health and emotional well-being.
While self care is important, it can be difficult to maintain the habit of taking care of yourself consistently. This is because we often prioritize other things in life such as work, family, or friends. But we need to find time for ourselves amid all the chaos and maintain our mental health. Here are some practices that you can follow for a good self care routine: keep reading!
What are the Different Types of Self Care?
Self care is not just about the physical self and in fact, the mental self has a lot to do with it. It is important to know what types of self care are available for you and where you need help.
There are different types of self care that can be used throughout your life and these include:
- Physical Self: In Physical self care, eating well, getting enough sleep and dealing with stress in a healthy manner is included.
- Mental Self: Mental Self care is all about taking good care of yourself by staying positive, exercising regularly and developing meaningful relationships
- Emotional Self: In emotional self care you learn to manage your emotions in a healthy manner by processing them effectively.
- Social Self: Are you getting the time to manage and squeeze in meetings with friends and family? In social self care you allow yourself to nurture the relationships you have with people in your surroundings.
- Spiritual Self: Spiritual self is linked with the nurturing of your spirit and subconscious. It includes seeing life in depth and realizing the meaning behind it.
With that being said let’s establish a healthy self care plan for you to follow in the year to come!
A Self-Care Plan You Can Follow With Ease
The point of self care is to take time out for yourself. This can be accomplished through a simple walk to relieve the stress and anxiety you may be feeling. Taking a walk every other day or even more often is beneficial for your health and well-being. Walking helps stimulate your cardiovascular system, strengthen bones and joints, create new brain cells, clear up skin, reduce inflammation and improve your mood.
Get Proper Sleep:
Many of our modern day schedules are hectic, so it’s not always easy to follow a healthy sleep routine on a consistent basis. With this in mind, it’s important for us to take some time out of each day to properly care for ourselves.
Getting 8 hours of sleep is crucial for your mental and physical health, so make sure you are making time for that before anything else in your day. Did you know that proper sleep is one of the best self-care practices you can follow? This is because sleep helps with focusing attention, mood, and energy. It helps to reduce stress and increase productivity.
Reading a Book is a Good Start:
Many people find reading a good book an escape from their day-to-day life. As such, it is important for us to read books that are going to make us feel inspired, uplifted and happy. Books stimulate our mind helping to keep our brain happy and healthy.
Long Drives Without a Destination:
There is a lot of research that says it is good for the human mind and body to take long drives with no destination required. This allows the mind to relax and reset, even if it’s just for a short time.
Going for a drive can be a great way to help with self care – not only does it allow for some downtime, but it also helps you get lost in your thoughts and away from distractions.
Some people choose to do this when they are stressed out or feeling overwhelmed by work or family obligations.
Say ‘No’ to Someone
Saying no to someone is a difficult task when you care about them and the relationship. But, saying no to someone can actually help with self care. There are a few reasons why you should say no to somebody:
- You’re are being taken for granted by the other person.
- You’re taking care of yourself.
- You can’t accomplish everything well- sometimes saying no gives the opportunity for a better outcome.
Some other ways of self care include:
- Baking a batch of cookies or brownies
- Painting in the open sky in a park
- Going to relax and destress with your best friends
- Relaxing in a coffee shop alone mid-day
- Taking a relaxing bubble bath
These are some of the things that you can do to relax your mind, body and soul. Something which you need especially with fast-paced lives that we are living!
In today’s fast-paced society, it is hard to find a moment to pause and take care of ourselves. We need to learn how to take time for ourselves and reflect on our mental health. In this article, we have outlined some self-care routines that you can adopt in 2022.
Remember to pick up one Self care practice at a time and make it a habit!