Importance Of Exfoliation
Being beautiful is the desire of everyone. We generally use different tricks to enhance our beauty and exfoliation is one of them. Exfoliation is the removal of the dead skin cells sitting on the skin’s surface. It leaves the skin smoother and fresher.
Things to Remember About Facial Exfoliation
If you are planning for facial exfoliation, do remember these things.
- With the delicate skin of your face, be extra careful.
- Before exfoliation, talk to a professional about the products and the frequency that are best for your skin. If you have sensitive skin, be extra cautious.
- Especially in summer and sunny climates, be careful and don’t over-exfoliate.
- Never use body scrubs on the face. They are too rough.
- Be careful with peels. Don’t get one peel and then go somewhere else to ask for another. This is not good for your skin. Be careful about going out in the sun afterwards.
- If you use a manual exfoliating scrub, choose one with smooth, round granules rather than jagged ones to avoid injuring your skin.
Same precautions apply for your body exfoliation also. Body brushing every morning is a gentle way to exfoliate.
Why Is Exfoliation Important for Your Skin?
It is a fact that your skin constantly generates new skin cells at the lower layer and sends them to the surface. As the cells rise to the surface, they gradually die and become filled with keratin. These keratinized skin cells give your skin its protective quality so they are essential. But eventually, they stop the way for younger cells. With age, the process of cells turnover slows down and the old cells started to pile up on the skin’s surface and make it dry. Exfoliation is important for your skin because it removes those cells that are clinging on, revealing the younger and fresher skin cells below.
Exfoliating opens the way for moisturizing products to penetrate more deeply into the skin. This makes your skin more effective. In short, a regular exfoliating routine will leave your skin looking fresh and healthy.
The best type of exfoliation depends on your complexion, health and sensitivity of your skin. If you have severe acne or sensitive skin, you will have to choose the method of exfoliation very carefully. A profession esthetician can help you in this regard.
You may be cleansing or moisturizing, but if you are not exfoliating, your skin is not healthy as it could be. Proper skin exfoliation is important because it removes the barrier of dead skin cells and gives a fresher look to your skin. But take care before and after exfoliating and don’t overdo. If you want healthy and glowing skin, limit your exfoliation routine to once a week. Take good care of your skin.