Bobs And Short Haircuts
Bobs and short haircuts made their debut in the 1920s and since then, bobs and short haircuts for women have become permanent fashion fixtures and are here to stay. Bobs and short haircuts can be quite easy to manage and can look appropriate for any occasion, depending on how they are shaped and styled.
The classic bob was a blunt cut that made the hair the same length as the ears all around (except the front, of course) with a hint of curl formed by old-fashioned curlers. Styling bobs and short haircuts can be quite simple, since there is less hair to work with. However, trying an unfamiliar style also has its challenges, and sometimes patience and trial and error are required before creating the perfect look.
- Classic, blunt bob: make the hair straight all around, and ask the stylist for bangs. Using gel, comb your wet hair straight as you blow dry. Spray it well.
- Pageboy bob: Use a wide-barrelled curling iron and curl the back of your hair and bangs under. Wait for the curls to cool, and brush gently, encouraging the large curls, with a large, round brush. Spray well.
- Flip bob: If you like the mostly straight bob with a little flip in or out at end, use a flat iron to make most of your hair straight, and make your hair flip in or flip out at the ends by twisting inch wide sections around the flat iron.
- Layered Bob: If your hair is layered, and you would like a soft, natural looking bob, rinse out your conditioner well and work mousse through your wet hair. Dry well, using your fingers to style your hair and twist some strands of hair for extra waves.
- Super glossy bob: This look is great for formal events. Use shampoo and conditioner specially designed to bring out the sheen in your hair. Sculpt wet hair with gel and brush straight. Blow dry on a low setting, and finish with a hair spray that will make your hair very shiny.
- Super short bob: This look was made famous by Paris Hilton! This bob requires very little maintenance. The hair should be cropped close to the face. Use a little mousse to give the hair a bit of volume. You needn’t worry about making the bob very curly or very straight, since this is a natural looking hairdo. Simply use mousse, coax your hair into the desired style with a brush as you blow it dry.
Bobs and short haircuts can create a very “sweet” look. A short haircut that has as much sass and elegance as a bob is the “pixie” look. This hairstyle is great if you have an oval face and want soft bangs that emphasize your eyes. The back is cut in the shape of a wedge, and more hair is left at the top. The bangs can be curled under or combed straight. A little curl is quite feminine and brings out the eyes.