5 Steps To Healthier Hair
Your hair is your crowning glory. Look after it and it will shine for all the world to see.
- For shiny, healthy hair think first of your body’s intake. Your hair is really just a reflection of what you are inside. A good balanced, nutritious, and healthy diet will do more to make your hair shine than any shampoo or conditioner. And drink eight to ten glasses of water a day too; hair is 25% water, so don’t let yours go thirsty!
- Dry your hair after washing in the ambient temperature of your room after using an absorbent towel to soak up the excess moisture, but don’t rub hard. If possible, don’t use blow-drying, flat irons, curling irons or hot rollers. Artificial heating will leave your hair brittle and damaged in time. Be natural whenever you can.
- Prevent unnecessary hair damage by using the right kind of hairbrush. Only comb wet hair with a wide-tooth comb, combing from root to end, but avoiding touching the root. Detangling wet hair with a hard steel comb can create a lot of damage, so don’t!
- Hair loss can be slowed, or even reversed by applying a few simple tips. Note: they probably won’t cure an underlying condition. Biotin can help to regenerate hair follicles: blend bananas with honey and yogurt with low-fat milk, and drink it daily. Supplements such as Vitamin B6, zinc will help too. Eliminating stress and getting plenty of sleep may work just as well.
- Use salon-recommend products designed for your hair’s needs and infused with quality ingredients.
We all love our hair, whether we are 9 or 90, male or female. Look after yourself first and foremost and your hair will reflect that care and attention.